Sunday, February 6, 2011

Year of the Rabbit

Fireworks
Drinks

Wednesday night for Chinese New Year's eve, a group of us went to Le Royal Méridien's 66th floor Bar & Lounge on People's Square and enjoyed an amazing view of the park and the city. There were no big official fireworks organized (most likely because of the huge fire that happened months ago and the fire security concerns that came after), but there were many "small" fireworks all over the city set off by Shanghainese people themselves (how is this safe, hmm?). The fireworks that night lasted at least an hour. Taking a decent picture of that was difficult, sorry :) It's well known that Chinese people celebrate the New Year for at least a week, and I can assure you that every evening I can here the rumbling of fireworks being shot off nearby.

Edit: few minutes after I first published this entry, I realized that tonight's fireworks were getting bigger and louder by the minute. So I decided to shoot this short video for you!


This is the first time I use Flickr to host a video. If there are any problems, please let me know!



Thursday evening, I went downtown to Yu Yuan Garden's Market to see the New Year decorations, including a huge rabbit. I loved it!


Yu Yuan Garden Market


Lanterns in Yu Yuan Garden Market
Yu Yuan Garden Market
Yu Yuan Garden's Rabbit
Yu Yuan Garden's Rabbit
Year of the Rabbit
Year of the Rabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment