Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DIY Chainmail Necklace

Here we are, a DIY post! Honestly...WTF had this awesome tutorial for a Chainmail Necklace! I should change the concept of my blog to make into a Honestly WTF fan-blog.. or something. Every time they post a DIY, I just wanna go and make it! Anyways...

Joining ends This DIY requires some patience: first open 100+ brass rings, then thread the right open ring with the right close rings... I don't think I can word the directions better than the girls did. This part above was such a headache for me. "If this ring goes here, then this one goes through here and here... unless!" It's probably best to make the necklace with 2-1-2-1 model first, close it when it's big enough for yah, and then do the additional row(s)!

Finished Chainmail Necklace BAM. Done and I love it!

While I'm at it, I'll show you my Plaid Barn's earrings!
Plaid Barn Earrings Kit
The Plaid Barn is a daily crafts deal website; they send out daily emails with a cool cheap deals! I bought this 2 pairs of feather earrings kit over the summer and finally remembered to put them together last week (where is my mind?).

Finished earrings

They'll look great with my Chainmail necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment