Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Memories of China: Nanxun, Zhejiang

Welcome to Nanxun
During my Christmas-slash-New Year vacation, I went on a day trip to Nanxun, Zhejiang, one of the many water towns outside of Shanghai. Since we went on a weekday, the touristic part of the city was very calm, almost too empty... but it was exactly the kinda escape I needed at the time, just an hour away from home.

A home on Nanxun Character We walked along the canal and visited some of the old houses, temples, and gardens. I wish I could go back during the spring or early summer, I'm sure it would look and feel completely different!

By the river Jump by the river
Nanxun being the only water town I've visited in the Shanghai area, I can't compare it to the other ones based on experience. HOWEVER, I heard that Qibao, although the closest one from Shanghai proper, is too small with not much to see. Zhujiajiao, on the other hand, sounds like it might be the best one to visit; it's closer to Shanghai and livelier than Nanxun!


I put together a short video of the town to capture the atmosphere a little better. This is my first 5x5 video (Vimeo has a whole special category for these if you wanna check it out) so don't look for anything fancy here.. they're just a few scenes from the trip ;)

P.S. I noticed a huuuge number of new visitors on my blog this past week (thank you, Tumblr, for featuring my DIY post!). Welcome all! Thanks for checkin' this blog out! I've actually been working on an "About" page, so bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment