Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Back to School

Schoolhouse at Cannondale Fois Gras at the Schoolhouse
Silly me left my camera in my coat, at coat check, so no good food pictures this time.

A few weeks ago for my mother's birthday, my parents and I went to the Schoolhouse at Cannondale, a cute little New American restaurant in the middle of the wild and dark forest in Wilton (I may be exaggerating ;)

This place seems to be in high demand around here; we actually tried to get a (kinda last minute) reservation a while ago but no luck then. This time around, my father called much earlier to secure our evening of great food. I had frois gras for starters (picture on the right), then squab with gnocchi & greens, and finally we all shared the chocolate soufflé for dessert. After that amazing meal, my dad announced that this was "the best meal he's had in the United States" -- ain't that something! My wallet couldn't handle me eating there too often, but it's definitely worth the trek!

Address: 34 Cannon Rd, Wilton CT 06897

No comments:

Post a Comment