Thursday, December 29, 2011

End of Twenty-Eleven

So many things happened in 2011 and I just can't seem to remember it all. I just wanted to a little recap' of the highlights of the past 12 months.

*Seoul, South Korea (February)
*Zhangjiajie, Hunan, China (April)
*Hong Kong, HK (August)
*Melbourne, Australia (October)
*Nanxun, Zhejiang, China (daytrip I went on this week:)

*Worked at 3 different jobs
*Lived in 3 different apartments (1 too many, if you ask me...)
*Took 2 levels of the HSK - passed HSK 4 and waiting on the results of HSK 5
*1 semester of Mandarin Chinese

*Went to South Korea - something I had in mind the minute I arrived on this side of the Pacific!
*Experienced Chinese New Year 2011 (fireworks, decorations, etc.) - a must if you're living in China for a long time.
*Saw a lunar eclispe
*Classic rush to HK for a working visa
*Overnight trip by Chinese train
*Biked in Shanghai and survived
*Learning how to knit (ok, I just got started this week.. still counts, right?)
*Getting back to speaking & writing French everyday

I'm a little sad I didn't get to swim at all this year, yet again. It's been over 2 years since the last time I swam!

I'm still working on some goals and things I'd like to do/accomplish in 2012.. but I'm not very good with New Year Resolutions. I think "Learning how to knit" has been on my list for 2 years now and I've only bought yarn and knitting needles last Monday! Anyways, if anyone is still looking into making a good list of resolutions for 2012, I think these 5 tips by Emma are a great help!

And since this post is being published fashionably late,
I wish you all a great and happy new year 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment