Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My DIY Project: January over a month too late!

DIY: January Project


I'm finally done knitting and purling!
With all the preparations for moving back to the US, this project took a month too long for me to finish, but alas, it is done ;)

Since this was my first time knitting, I used different resources to learn all the techniques needed:
* The project itself: How to Knit a Scarf for a Men (from eHow.com).
* Knitting: videos by Knittingtipsbyjudy were great help: How to cast on, the knit stitch, the purl stitch. Another useful video, this one by elsteffo, to learn how to swtich between the knit and the purl stitch.

I made lots of little mistakes while knitting but it was a great first project nonetheless! I'm definitely thinking of knitting another scarf (a snood, actually) in the near future.
Now, on the the next one!

1 comment: